To Prospective New Members:
IEC offers several types of membership. The two most common are contractor and associate memberships. Thank you for your interest in the Independent Electrical Contractors Association of Greater St. Louis. IEC is a professional association established to promote the highest standards in the electrical industry. It is the association in St. Louis that is directed by and for independent electrical contractors.
Contractor members are “any person, firm, partnership or corporation engaged in the business of construction, maintenance, design, or installation of electrical systems, who subscribes to the purpose of this association and is of good character and business reputation.” Contractor members must be licensed if they work in counties and cities which require licensing. All applicants for contractor membership must provide a certificate of insurance and three business references to be considered for membership.
Associate membership is offered to “any person, firm, partnership or corporation engaged in a trade, industry or profession related to electrical construction who subscribes to the purpose of this association and is of good character and business reputation.”
Dues are assessed upon approval of membership by the IEC Board of Directors. All annual membership fees are due yearly on October 1. Members joining prior to or after the annual billing date will be pro-rated for the first year of membership, and will be billed annually thereafter in accordance with the October 1 due date. For information about the dues structure, please call the IEC or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEC’s goal is to continue to represent the quality independent electrical contractor. All membership applications are reviewed by the IEC Board of Directors. Membership is subject to approval by the Board.
If you have any questions, please call the IEC office at 739-4650. Return this application with all supporting documentation and application fee to the above address.
Membership Benefits: Contractors and Associates
IEC of St. Louis has a membership plan that fits your needs.
- Registered four year Apprenticeship program
- Registered low voltage program
- Registered Professional Electricians Program
- Various Continuing Education Opportunities
- Workforce Sharing
- Newsletter-Local & National
- Assistance with Labor issues
- Application Registry
- Annual Trade Show
- Golf Outing, Fishing Tournament
- Regular Membership Meetings
- Safety program designed & continually updated by IEC National
- Safety Video Library for Contractor Training
- OSHA 10-Hour and OSHA 30-Hour Safety Program
- Input into Code Review and National Electrical Code Panels
- Watchdog for State and Local legislation
- Annual National IEC Convention in Washington D.C.
- Support State and Local campaigns with Political Action Committee funds